Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hard Lemonade and Mango Wheat Review.

The mango wheat beer never turned out like I had envisioned. It had little mango flavor or aroma. I have learned that a minimum of 2lbs of fruit per 5 gal is needed to pull off any fruit beer. It is still good as a wheat beer and nice to have that around for others who don't drink hoppy beers.


Hard Lemonade.

This turned out better than I had expected. Learned alot of lesson and will use those when I do this again. It is so cheap and to use the yeast just stilling in your primary makes so much sence. I should not have used the mango secondary, I think it gave some off flavors and made it a little merky. I ended up using some champne yeast to get the stuck fermentation going again and got the FG down to 1.014 from 1.030 when it was stuck. I did not take a OG so I don't know what the ABV is but it is high.

Accidental experiment turned into a nice drink. A friend mixed half hard lemonade with a light beer and told me how good it was. I since have been mixing it with my wheat beer and it is delicious.

No comments: