Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Jeff's Left Over IPA

I scored free beer!!!! Almost free.
I was over helping a Friend work on his basement and he gave me 2 all grain kits he never used. One was a Fat Tire Clone and the other a Tongue Splitter both from Northern Brewer.

Of course there was a ketch. These kits the grain was crushed and 10 months old. I was worried that the grain would not convert being so old but I would only be out propane before I knew so i decided to brew that on 11-23-08.

5 lbs. Dingemans Pils
2 lbs. Munich Malt
2 lbs. Dark Munich Malt
0.50 lbs. Victory Malt
0.50 lbs. Breiss Crystal 60
9lbs. US 2-Row
0.5 lbs. Dingemans Caramel Pils
0.5 lbs. Simpsons Caramalt 2oz

Hop Schedule
Columbus 60min
1oz Cascade 15min
1oz Cascade 10min
1oz Cascade 5min
1oz Cascade 0min

Final Analysis
OG 1.51 IBU 71

I got good conversion but I added 4 more lb of American 2 row for extra measure. I think it will be a good one.

No comments: